Granite Countertops are a great way to improve the value of your home and make it the dream place you have always wanted. Granite’s versatility is just one of the many reasons people consider using granite.
Benefits of Granite and Granite Countertops
The many benefits of choosing and using granite are varied and depending on the use. Granite can make the area that it is being used in one of the most favorite spots in your home. This article will give you some of the benefits of granite and granite countertops, so let’s take a look at the top 20 reasons to consider using granite.
- Granite is durable. With everyday use and care, granite countertops will last a lifetime, but if it should happen to chip, because of the variety of colors within each granite piece, the chip is easily repaired.
- Granite does not etch. Etching is when the surface of the stone has become damaged. This can result in actual scratches or a dulled finish on the surface, or feels rougher than the surrounding area.
- Granite has a finished and luxurious look and feel.
- Granite is not porous so will not stain easily.
- Color choices of granite are only limited by Mother Nature.
- Granite can be used either inside or outside, so if you are considering adding an outdoor kitchen, granite is the obvious choice.
- If you only need a small amount of granite, you can purchase a remnant for your project.
- Granite remnants can be used to check for such items as scratch resistance, etching ease, whether your granite needs to be sealed or not, as well as matching curtains, knobs, cabinets, etc. A remnant is much easier to take with you than a whole countertop.
- Granite countertops come in 2 different thicknesses for countertops – ¾” and 1 ¼”
- Most cabinets will support the weight of granite countertops since granite distributes its weight.
- Granite countertops are affordable when you consider that you will never have to replace them.
- Granite countertops are easy to care for, once sealed, they can be cleaned with soap and water.
- Granite countertops are heat resistant since they were formed from molten rock then hardened as they cooled.
- Granite does not harbor bacteria since it is a sealed rock and not porous.
- Granite countertops are cool therefore when baking, you can roll out pie dough on it.
- Granite is a natural stone and quarried in many places thus making it readily available.
- Each granite slab is different because of the coloring, veining and mineral compounds found in each. No two are alike.
- As the day goes on, the sunlight hitting the various colors in the granite, makes a kaleidoscope of colors visible.
- With all the color variations, finding cabinets, paint color for walls, and even the hardware for the drawers and cabinets should be a breeze to match or compliment the color of your granite.
- Granite countertops add value to your home, whether used inside or outdoors such as in an outdoor kitchen.
Granite is the obvious choice
Whether you use granite to improve the look of an existing kitchen or bathroom, or are building a new home and want that WOW factor, granite can be that choice for you. If you are redoing your backyard and are considering adding a built in grill area or even an outdoor kitchen, the obvious choice for such a great look is going to be granite. With granite’s many colors and varied patterns within the slab, its uniqueness and luxurious look and feel, as well as its durability, choose granite.
As you can see, there are many reasons to consider using granite and granite countertops. These are just a few of the reasons to consider granite when you get ready to redo your existing kitchen or bathroom, or as you get ready to build your new house. Granite is the obvious choice for so many reasons, some of which are listed above.
Granite can also be used for floor tiles, veneers for any number of areas as well as benches to sit on while you are enjoying the great outdoors and Mother Nature. You can even create a granite firepit or fireplace to match. After all, this is one of her many beauties. Enjoy the beauty of nature.
Using granite in an outdoor area can enhance the beauty and make it more livable. Granite countertops in an outdoor kitchen or grill area will make a big difference in the look and ambiance of the area as well as the usefulness you will gain with them. Because granite is not porous it will not stain and can take the heat of the grill. Granite is the obvious choice for these and so many more reasons.
To sum up some of the reasons, the cost is not out of line for the quality and durability that you get, there are many colors to choose from and you deserve the best. Take the leap and make the best choice you can with a new granite countertop that you will enjoy for your lifetime.
With all the benefits of granite and granite countertops, indulge yourself and get the best! Call Granite Huggers for your granite countertop.